7/10/10

I Went inside the Sand Crawlers...


A couple days ago I was privileged enough to get sent to a corporate training on how to sell and demo effectively a Mac computer and accessories. It was from 8am onwards to 12pm, probably one of the earliest I'd have to get up in a long ass time.

Too bad I didn't, in fact. I didn't even go to bed. I stayed up all night being that it was 4am and I felt 2 hours of sleep would've done more harm than good to be honest with you. I ended showing up to corporate headquarters really early... not quite sure what to do or where to go. I was super nervous about getting lost and being late, didn't want that happening.

It wasn't so bad though once I actually walked into the front... the buildings surrounding me were very intimidating but not in a corporate modernist way. Maybe the jokes about how the buildings look like Star Wars Sandcrawlers made it seem a little more comical, because if you google search it you will agree with me.

Overall, I sat alone at my table doing my best to stay awake. It was a huge struggle during the last hour and being that I grabbed some water to keep me awake I ended up having to take a piss but I didn't want to get up and walk out in the middle of this Mac guy giving his presentation. I eventually caved after trying to hold it for what seemed like 30 minutes was actually 3 minutes.

Kind of weird cause it was really early... not a real inducive setting for a conversation if you ask me. A couple people fell asleep and the guy made it a point to make it known that they were sleeping. The cool thing however was the hands on aspect of the whole training. I had my own Macbook Pro to play around with and I'll admit it was a lot of fun.

The training didn't go bad at all, and I ended up really learning a lot. I still stand by my previous statement though, saying that Macs aren't better than PCs and PCs aren't better than Macs, both are good just all depends on what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment