11/2/10

Writing



I swear if I were able to better articulate my thoughts into words or really wrote things down when I think about it I would be such a "better" writer and really refine my style. I love having ideas float around inside my head as they ping off each other and explode into visions of what could be but it's not really conducive to me if I can't get it down on paper. How can you tell someone you love them without alluding to the idea that you love them? It's basically like that.



I think I don't talk the way I write because my mind moves faster than my mouth can interpret into something meaningful. The end result being me, an empty shell of sarcasm spewing up insignificant observations that sound so much better in my head but just come out as plain stupid (and hilarious).

But I like it like that, I really don't like well spoken people. Like WELL WELL spoken people. Maybe because those who I know fall into the category are just general douche bags who's only talent is the ability to cite from reading and regurgitating it out. I mean that's a fine skill and all, but don't be a douche while doing it.



It's weird cause when I'm writing, I get into this zone and my mind and hands are in 100% unison. As if my body shuts down everything else and redirects all energy towards the optimization of that specific synapse. I wonder something else as well, when creating art I am really meticulous in it's design but more natural in it's creation: but when I write something I rarely edit. This is definitely my folly and something I should really work on, since what I usually end up putting down on paper is just as convoluted as the ideas floating around my head in the first place.

To someone outside of me reading this, it doesn't make much sense and I'm pretty sure some people think I'm a little crazy or wacked out in the head. To further add to the confusion, they meet me and see who writes that crap and it's an even bigger mindfuck.

I really like the way "Between the Heart and the Synapse" was written. Eloquent but at the same time very straightforward without trying to become something that it wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment