11/19/10

All I Want in Life...

All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away. I think this is to an extent true for everyone, except for those who proclaim strength in independence. I'll be the first to admit that even though I feel completely capable and competent on my own, it would be so much better if I had something to ground me back down.

I recently stumbled upon a relatively new upload of a live version of "Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating in Space" that I am absolutely in love with. The studio version itself is peaceful in it's own right but when you incorporate a choir (would that be the right term?) into it, it just makes it so heavenly.

I know the song is basically Canon in D (I think) but did Canon in D have the beeping space sound in it? Nope. That's why this song is awesome. Oh, and not to mention the lyrical simplicity helps drive home the emotion behind the song that can't help but make me stop whatever I'm doing or thinking about when I hear the song and feel the experience overwhelm me.

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment